Family Fun Day!

Posted by on May 27, 2011 | 14 Comments

A is a great way to keep your family happy.

Recently my wife and I decided that it would be a great idea to have regular family fun days.  As the name suggests, one day a week that we go out and do something fun as a family, our family fun day.  The Basic rules of the fun day are, each week a different  has to decide what the activity will be and they have to pay for it.  That  does not tell everyone else what we will be doing until the last minute.  This adds a little  to the family fun day.

Last night was my Family fun day – I decided we would go to the beach.

Before the family got home from School (My wife works at the school).   I started to make a packed lunch so we could have a picnic at the beach.  I made a couple of sandwiches and a  each, then grabbed us all a drink.  Picked up a few towels to throw in the back of the car and we’re ready to go.  The family comes home as I was finishing making the food and I get reminded that it is my day for family fun day.  There is an excitement in the house because they don’t yet know where we are going or what we are doing.  I was driving so before we left the only instructions were, everyone needed to bring a swim suit.

And to the Beach!

Sunsetting on Family Fun day 300x161 Family Fun Day!It didn’t take long before everyone had worked out our destination, so we drove to the beach at St. ’s Circle in Sarasota which is only about a 15 minute drive from our home.  Once we arrived we set up the big towel and ate the picnic that I had lovingly prepared.  I went into the sea with the girls and we played in the sand and generally had a really great time together.  We spend a good two hours or more at the beach and finally watched the sun setting over the sea which is always breathtaking.

Ice cream to end the perfect family fun day

For a perfect (and tasty!) end the family fun day we went to the ice cream shop and had a nice walk around St. Armand’s Circle.  We all had a really great night and I think we should all remember that it is so much more important to spend time with your children than it is to spend money on them.

About me

I guess this is a strange to write a post about family fun days on my website but I’ve decided that I wanted to create a blog.  What better way to start by talking a little bit about me, Paul Wright and something that I have done and enjoyed.  In future I will be talking about some of the things I am doing to create online income streams, how I go about it and what website resources I use to help me get there.  I am learning all the time and would like to share the information that I have gained with you and hopefully get some insight from other people about what they themselves are doing.

Comments

Please feel free to add any comments and I will answer them soon, here is my question for you.

What would be your perfect family fun day?

14 comments

1. J Wright
    June 9, 2011

Perfect day … a day where I did not have to go to work and spend time catching up with friends and family.

2. Mags
    June 1, 2011

Hi Paul, I love Sunday lunch with all the family

3. Sandra Phillips
    May 31, 2011

Perfect family day would include a walk in Central Park with husband and favorite Jack Russell, Audrey. Lunch would be at San Pietro, where my granddaughter loves to celebrate her birthday and an evening at the ballet at Lincoln Center. Of course, have to plan ahead, only one family member in New York.

• Paul from Wright Computing Blog
      June 1, 2011

Hi Sandra, Sounds wonderful a day out in the big apple, eating at a beautiful Italian restaurant and a show

4. Margaret
    May 31, 2011

I love a day out on the North Yorkshire moors with the family, it changes with every season UK

• Paul from Wright Computing Blog
      May 31, 2011

Hi Margaret, Sounds like a great way to blow away the cockles, it’s been a long time since I went up the North Yorkshire moors

5. Jen
    May 31, 2011

BBQ, lots of food and a few beers. Perfect family afternoon with a few friends thrown in.

• Paul from Wright Computing Blog
      May 31, 2011

Hi Jen, I think BBQ and beers is a popular choice, I love having a BBQ with ice cold Stella, sounds great.

6. Jennie
    May 31, 2011

My perfect day would be a beautiful sunny day, and a long walk with my family and enthusiastic labrador.

• Paul from Wright Computing Blog
      May 31, 2011

Hi Jennie, sounds like great fun taking your Labrador for a nice long walk. I have a Maltese Shitzu called Sophie, one of our previous family fun days was taking her to the doggy park.

7. Heather
    May 31, 2011

My perfect family fun day would include the beach and eating at a fun outdoor restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

• Wright Computing
      May 31, 2011

Hi Heather, Sounds great a whole day at the beach, eating lots of great food, a bar with an outdoor grill serving fresh seafood would be perfect for that.

8. Rachel
    May 31, 2011

My perfect family day would involve cooking a meal and going out for cocktails with the fam… Family of chefs!

• Wright Computing
      May 31, 2011

Sounds like a wonderful evening Rachel, everyone loves great food and cocktails